Friday, July 10, 2020

Free Ilium (Ilium #1) Download Books

Be Specific About Appertaining To Books Ilium (Ilium #1)

Title:Ilium (Ilium #1)
Author:Dan Simmons
Book Format:Mass Market Paperback
Book Edition:First Edition
Pages:Pages: 752 pages
Published:June 28th 2005 by HarperTorch (first published 2003)
Categories:Science Fiction. Fantasy. Fiction. Mythology. Science Fiction Fantasy. Space. Space Opera. Historical. Historical Fiction
Free Ilium (Ilium #1) Download Books
Ilium (Ilium #1) Mass Market Paperback | Pages: 752 pages
Rating: 4.03 | 24767 Users | 1085 Reviews

Chronicle Toward Books Ilium (Ilium #1)

The Trojan War rages at the foot of Olympos Mons on Mars—observed and influenced from on high by Zeus and his immortal family—and twenty-first-century professor Thomas Hockenberry is there to play a role in the insidious private wars of vengeful gods and goddesses. On Earth, a small band of the few remaining humans pursues a lost past and devastating truth—as four sentient machines depart from Jovian space to investigate, perhaps terminate, the potentially catastrophic emissions emanating from a mountaintop miles above the terraformed surface of the Red Planet.

Point Books As Ilium (Ilium #1)

Original Title: Ilium
ISBN: 0380817926 (ISBN13: 9780380817924)
Edition Language: English
Series: Ilium #1, Ilion 1 (El asedio), Ilium/Olympos #1 , more
Characters: Odysseus, Hector of Troy, Achilles (Greek hero), Hockenberry, Mahnmut, Orphu
Literary Awards: Hugo Award Nominee for Best Novel (2004), Locus Award for Best Science Fiction Novel (2004), Cena Akademie SFFH for Kniha roku (Book of the Year) (2005)

Rating Appertaining To Books Ilium (Ilium #1)
Ratings: 4.03 From 24767 Users | 1085 Reviews

Write-Up Appertaining To Books Ilium (Ilium #1)
Was there ever a more tedious read?? I have been meaning to read Hyperion and Ilium for a while now, and since I am a huge fan of Ancient Greece, I decided to start with Ilium. Perhaps that was a mistake, as I was so disappointed that I don't think I want to read Hyperion or anything else by Simmons ever again. The story sounded interesting when I read the description, but the book just killed it for me. There are three storylines which will eventually overlap: one with some humans on a

~ 15/02/17I've only read one chapter but I can already tell the writing is so unbelievably brilliant. Insta-love for me.~ 18/03/17I'm a little past page 100 and the writing is still brilliant, but all the rest isn't doing it for me -sure enough I've only been able to read 100 pages in 30 days. I've no doubt the world-building is complex and thought-out, but nothing is explicitly explained and the reader is supposed to glean all the information from the story itself as it unfolds; normally I

Masterly far-future sci-fi epicness from Dan Simmons. Thousands of years into Earth's future the human population has stagnated into a contented form of indulgent immortality; no-one dies and no-one goes hungry, but also no-one really does anything more interesting than take part in the occasional sex party or get eaten by a cloned Allosaur. Meanwhile a present-day historian has been resurrected on Mars, apparently at the whim of the ancient Greek gods in order to act as observer to the siege of



If someone were to describe this book to me (if they even could), I don't know if I would believe how much I absolutely enjoyed it. Dan Simmons is a mad genius.Shakespeare-quoting humanoid robots, Greek Gods, post-humans, and old-style humans somehow make the craziest awesome story imaginable.Ilium is a story told through essentially three unrelated viewpoints. First, there's Hockenberry. This is told in first person. Hockenberry is called a "Scholic," a human from our the 20th century (our

Can a science fiction book set in the future, also be an alternate history story at the same time?Dan Simmons likes to take on some monolithic challenges. Ilium starts off with three separate story-lines. I know they are going to come together, they have to come together, what would be the point if they dont come together. The true beauty of this story is how they come together.I went for Ilium based on my love of Homers epics. Just tell me youre going to build your world around that, and I am

I can't seem to say enough in the way of praise for Dan Simmons. The guy is a frickin' genius and one of the best writers working in any genre today. "Ilium" is his science fiction magnum opus. It is a grand epic in the same way Tolkein's "Lord of the Rings" trilogy and Frank Herbert's "Dune" series were grand epics in their genre. The funny thing is Simmons's "Ilium" is a sci-fi epic ABOUT one of the greatest epics of all time, Homer's "The Iliad". Well, it's not so much about "The Iliad" as it

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.