Thursday, July 9, 2020

Online Books Chiefs (Will Lee #1) Download Free

Describe Books Conducive To Chiefs (Will Lee #1)

Original Title: Chiefs
ISBN: 0393014614 (ISBN13: 9780393014617)
Edition Language: English URL http://www.stuartwoods.com
Series: Will Lee #1
Literary Awards: Edgar Award for Best First Novel (1982)
Online Books Chiefs (Will Lee #1) Download Free
Chiefs (Will Lee #1) Hardcover | Pages: 432 pages
Rating: 4.26 | 6316 Users | 479 Reviews

Particularize Appertaining To Books Chiefs (Will Lee #1)

Title:Chiefs (Will Lee #1)
Author:Stuart Woods
Book Format:Hardcover
Book Edition:Anniversary Edition
Pages:Pages: 432 pages
Published:March 17th 2006 by W. W. Norton Company (first published June 1981)
Categories:Mystery. Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Crime

Description To Books Chiefs (Will Lee #1)

In the bitter winter of 1920, the first body is found in Delano, Georgia; the naked corpse of an unidentified teenager. There is no direct evidence of murder, but the body bears marks of what seems to be a ritual beating. The investigation falls to Will Henry Lee, a failed cotton farmer newly appointed as Delano's first chief of police. Lee's obsession with the crime begins a story that weaves through the decades, following the life of a small southern town and the role of three police chiefs in unraveling the crime.

Chiefs is the best kind of thriller, where the investigation plays out against the drama beneath the surface of a seemingly placid community, seething with the pressures of race, love, hate, and; always; political power, extending from the town fathers all the way to Washington, DC. With a new foreword by the author, this volume will be a collector's treasure for all fans of Stuart Woods.

Rating Appertaining To Books Chiefs (Will Lee #1)
Ratings: 4.26 From 6316 Users | 479 Reviews

Commentary Appertaining To Books Chiefs (Will Lee #1)
An epic that spans 50+ years that is written beautifully. I had a hard time putting this down because of the very realistic characters and the anticipated capture of a serial killer. The narration was spot on and reminded me a bit of my favorite, George Guidall. I won't reiterate the plot of the story, suffice to say I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes epics with a mystery background mixed with a bit of history. Adding this one to my favorites.

Hmmmm! This to me was comparable to reading three different books. The first Police Chief's I would have given a 4 star for sure if it was the whole onus. The Second Chief's I would barely give a 3 star, maybe 2.5 stars. And the last Chief, an even 3 stars.Just not my style of intrusion to some of the most off putting details of the characters' lives. And also just all around mean, for the most part. There were few characters that I could connect to embedding beyond the first part of the book.

A little Criminal Minds-ish. Well-drawn characters. Deals with the sadly timeless topic of racism, although it leaves room for hope. Could be a good book for discussion.

I saw the TV version first & really liked it, so when I came across the book second hand, I snatched it up. I'm glad I did. As I recall, the TV version was faithful to the novel, but there was so much more to the story. True horror without resulting to the supernatural.

For years I've resisted Stuart Woods. I've always considered him more of a "man's" author and just didn't think I'd enjoy his books. I started "Chiefs" on Wednesday and stayed up verrryyy late on Thursday finishing it. Now I'm hooked!

Chiefs by Stuart Woods covers the time from 1919 when the town Delano, Georgia appoints their first police chief to 1969 when they appoint the first negro police chief. Two young men are found dead and then over the years many others go missing and the book follows indirectly the investigations by the three very different police chiefs. It focuses mainly on the changes in Southern culture and politics, and the problems related to racial integration. An interesting and captivating story which

This was a great book. It's an intriguing story set in a small Georgia town during a forty year period (1920's - 60's.) I had seen the movie which was fantastic, but I was still caught up in the suspenseful conclusion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.