Identify Books Concering I Am America (And So Can You!)
| Original Title: | I Am America (And So Can You!) |
| ISBN: | 0446580503 (ISBN13: 9780446580502) |
| Edition Language: | English URL http://www.makemeamerica.com/ |
| Literary Awards: | Audie Award for Humor (2008), Grammy Award Nominee for Best Spoken Word Album (2009) |
Stephen Colbert
Hardcover | Pages: 230 pages Rating: 3.91 | 76800 Users | 3471 Reviews
Ilustration Supposing Books I Am America (And So Can You!)
Congratulations--just by opening the cover of this book you became 25% more patriotic.From Stephen Colbert, the host of television's highest-rated punditry show The Colbert Report, comes the book to fill the other 23½ hours of your day. I Am America (And So Can You!) contains all of the opinions that Stephen doesn't have time to shoehorn into his nightly broadcast.
Dictated directly into a microcassette recorder over a three-day weekend, this book contains Stephen's most deeply held knee-jerk beliefs on The American Family, Race, Religion, Sex, Sports, and many more topics, conveniently arranged in chapter form.
Always controversial and outspoken, Stephen addresses why Hollywood is destroying America by inches, why evolution is a fraud, and why the elderly should be harnessed to millstones.
You may not agree with everything Stephen says, but at the very least, you'll understand that your differing opinion is wrong.
I Am America (And So Can You!) showcases Stephen Colbert at his most eloquent and impassioned. He is an unrelenting fighter for the soul of America, and in this book he fights the good fight for the traditional values that have served this country so well for so long.
Please buy this book before you leave the store.
About the Author
Stephen Colbert is America.
Description from book jacket

Specify Appertaining To Books I Am America (And So Can You!)
| Title | : | I Am America (And So Can You!) |
| Author | : | Stephen Colbert |
| Book Format | : | Hardcover |
| Book Edition | : | First Edition |
| Pages | : | Pages: 230 pages |
| Published | : | October 9th 2007 by Grand Central Publishing |
| Categories | : | Nonfiction. Humor. Comedy. Politics. Audiobook. Writing. Essays. Biography |
Rating Appertaining To Books I Am America (And So Can You!)
Ratings: 3.91 From 76800 Users | 3471 ReviewsDiscuss Appertaining To Books I Am America (And So Can You!)
Post Trump review:HOLY SHIT I REREAD THIS TODAY AND REALIZED THAT IT LITERALLY TALKS ABOUT BUILDING A WALL ON THE SOUTHERN BORDER. This book was published in 2007, so it's nearly 10 years old! Stephen Colbert predicted our future, ladies and gentlemen.Pre Trump review. Like, REALLY pre Trump Honestly, this has gotta be my favourite humour book of all time.So. I want to say that I adore Stephen Colbert. I think he's funny and he's clever. I love watching his show. This book definitely sounds like him, it's very in his voice, and while I love that voice on TV, I couldn't even finish this book. Somehow it didn't translate right in this format for me. (Sorry, Stephen. Just read that second line where I said I adore you and ignore the rest of this. Except stick to TV and writing for that.)
If you like the Colbert Report, you'll probably like this book. Since Stephen Colbert is one of my favorite celebrities, I did very much enjoy the listen. I listened to it audio knowing that most of Stephen Colbert's comedic humor is the delivery. I found myself laughing out loud a lot. So yes imagine we wandering aisles as I shop or sitting amidst the cheering parents of a soccer game laughing to myself. Colbert has a rare gift of making something funny he doesn't believe in without making it

Not sure why it took me so long to finish this book. I would pick it up, read a bit, put it down and move on to something else. Maybe it's like when you save your Halloween candy and your siblings (who scarfed theirs before their costumes even came off) are jealous when you still have a Snickers fun size with your lunch well into December. Now that I'm done, and my sides ache from laughing, I'm glad I doled it out to myself in small doses. It was less about savoring and more about the fact that
Ok, so I was totally let down by this book, and I can't remember the last time I just wished the author who was reading the book to me on my commute would just SHUT THE HELL UP. I wasn't expecting that, being as how I'm a huge Jon Stewart fan, have loved the books of his I have read, and like the Colbert Report (although since I haven't had cable for years, I only see it sporadically while housesitting for other, more affluent individuals :)). Anyway, it had no coherent plot, made not good
Colbert is funny as hell. This book breaks the forth wall and I love it. The book does lose a little steam at the end, but it still was one of the funniest books to read out there, helps take your mind from all the bad out there. Really needed a laugh and this book did it.
It's always an experiment when a comedian with no literary history writes (or collaborates to write) a book. Everyone knows that the 80/20 rule even applies to humor: 20% is the joke and 80% is the timing or delivery. With someone like Stephen Colbert - who I have endless respect for after delivering his famous White House Correspondents Dinner speech, which is wisely reprinted in this book - whose humor is predicated on physical, visual humor, it can be quite precarious treading into the waters


0 comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.